Heavy Thrash Metal From Colombia
Ripper is a band formed in 2015 in the city of Medellin, Colombia, this is a group that makes a good combination of styles like Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, Progressive Metal and Thrash Metal from the old school, voices certainly shows a technique in a range that could be between tenor and countertenor with a raspy voice turns and sometimes becomes guttural. Surely Ripper style is inspired by sounds of Motorhead, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, King Diamond, Grave Digger, Sanctuary, Tankard, Kreator, Vio-lence, Annihilator, Testament, exciter.
1. "here comes the ripper" starts with an arpeggio to which is added a hellish voice and an ambient inspired in horror, they begin entering the forceful guitar riffs in a slow pace. There is a nice change of percussion to the extent that enters the suspense of the song, ending this issue increase its speed in an unexpected way, giving a touch of violence.
2. the song "Holocaust" start with soft guitar riffs, enters an acute battle Scream and an accelerated rhythm instruments, has excellent tempo changues and excellent guitar solos in minute 2:20 and 3:00, in their official video shows a war scenario, where their lyrics express everything that happens in battle and call for death as the only way of liberation.
3. The song "Hell on Earth" starts with a virtuosic guitar solo, which is then accompanied by guitar riffs and song much like Speed metal of the early 80s.This song expresses blazingly composition.
4. "Six Strings Soul" begins with an extended falsetto scream and a very traditional riff in Heavy Hard Rock Style , managing Phrygian scales and minor scales especially in the end of each verse. Then enter a pretty sharp guitar solo that leads into the main riff again.
5. "metal Squad" starts a pacified and calm manner, the crushing blow of the battery starts a heavier riff then becomes faster and powerful with this brutal percussion accompaniment, this song is much inspired by the Thrash Metal style, this topic is especially interesting manages a darkness that gives a characterization of the band.
6. "To rest" closely resembles the Thrash Metal of early 90's, especially as regards the European wave, also can be heard quite influence Northamerican Death metal especially in the vocals and emphasizing rather the simultaneous accompaniment riffs with the guitar solo with percussion constant change.
7. "Steet hunters" has a beginning accompanied by a dynamic percussion and some interesting scales on electric guitar, also a captivating manic laughter is heard just before starting the edges. The most attractive item is that in each Compas riffs ends on a smaller scale.
8. "Under the Ruins" handles an attractive rate that closely resembles the American school thrash metal in the late 80s, while it should be noted the synchronicity of the instruments and the great guitar solo that always stands especially at the end of the verses.
9. Finally the band makes a tribute to Nekromantie with the song "Rotten Existence," a classic Black Thrash Metal band that was part of ultrametal movement of the city of Medellin, Colombia's pioneering metal band undoubtedly a cult band.
Listen the full Album :